Consumer Information Sheet
We can't stress enough how important it is for you to have all of the correct information at hand while deciding what is the best course of action for you and your family in your quest to eradicate Bed Bugs.
1. Your decision should not be made solely on 'the cheapest price'. Quality control is the most important factor.
2. Ask every question you can think of until you are comfortable that the company has a wealth of knowledge concerning Bed Bugs, be prepared for the call to take close to 30 minutes.
3. Make certain that the 'guarantee' you are receiving is at a minimum of 90 days. The correct EPA approved products labeled for Bed Bugs offer up to 90 days, before it clearly states the products will begin to break down. Guarantees claiming anything longer, are not in line with EPA approved products and should be avoided for the sake of your health.
4. Use a professional with experience in bed bug control. Controlling bed bugs is much different than controlling other pests.
5. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) – one of the federal agencies responsible for managing the bed bug problem – reports an increase in the number of individuals and companies making unrealistic claims about their abilities to control or eradicate the bed bugs. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, urges you to be cautious when shopping for products and services related to bed bug infestations to avoid being sucked dry financially – and possibly making the problem worse.
*******BED BUG EXTERMINATION IS NOT TAUGHT OR REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE TO OBTAIN A PEST CONTROL LICENSE, THEREFORE IT IS NOT REGULATED OR GUIDED OR STANDARDIZED AS MANY OTHER PESTS ARE. CONSUMER BEWARE AND DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE.*******